Beginning Anew

After six years of church ministry in Minnesota, I was pretty sure I knew what happened on a church staff, but after two days of work, I am realizing how much I need to learn. I sit in my office and wonder how in the world will we do this pastoral ministry thing, especially with two children, a new home, selling our old home, and everything else? It appears overwhelming, yet it also comes with great excitement.

After two days, I have learned one thing about being a pastor at Harbert Church - listen to stories. The church laughs at its average age (let's just say that Lindsay and I drop the number a few years), yet its age is its asset. There are more stories of life, wisdom, and redemption than I ever imagined. It is quite rich. So we will move on from here listening to stories, celebrating God's story and praying that our narratives will intersect more often than not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving, Healing, and Times of Transition

Returning to the ECC

Returning to the Mitten - Small Family Update