I'm back

Well friends and family. It has been some time since I last wrote to you all. Many of you may know that Halloween and Thanksgiving have now passed and we are staring towards Advent (which begin tomorrow). I have been quite overwhelmed as of late awaiting my baby sister (who isn't supposed to be here yet, but she decided to come early!) Let me fill you in on my little life before I let you in on my new little sister.

1. Halloween happened: I enjoyed my second halloween. Last year I was a giraffe (see blog entry for October 2007), and this year I was a medical doctor in the persuasion of my uncle Matt. He gifted me a pair of scrubs from medical school, and my friend Petra gifted the equipment. I went to a local halloween party with mommy, Petra and the Causton parents (minus Ammi - more on my new friend later). Anyway, I was able to score free candy and several multi-colored balloons.





2. Ammi arrived from Ko-wea (I think it is actually spelled "Korea" but Petra taught me to say it "Ko-wea"). Ammi, Petra's baby sister, arrived home on November 14. We went to visit her at the airport. I am quite excited to have her around. She is a CUTIE! We have had dinner a couple of times together, and I think we will get along just fine. She doesn't come to Jan's house yet, but when she does, I will teach her how to tap dance and play football...we should be good buddies by spring time.




3. The Dinner Time Spa: I have come to realize that dinner time can always be accompanied by bathtime (my favorite) if I simply apply dinner to my hair and face. As you will see, my shiny and beautiful hair is partlyy due to my bi-weekly application of vanilla yogurt. I enjoy this routine, and it seems that my parents don't mind because they continue to snap pictures of these edible moments.








4. THanksgiving....an odd holiday: Thanksgiving was Thursday, and I was looking forward to turkey, potatoes, a nap, and some pecan pie. I thought I would relax with Mommy on Wednesday to prepare, maybe even run a couple of errands, but this did not happen. Instead, I was awoken from my t-day preparatory slumber Wednesday morning, dressed and whisked out of the house early in the morning. Instead of traveling to Jan's house, I went to Rachel and Jacob's house for the morning. I spent the afternoon with Jan, and then I ended the day by a long trip to Waconia (my birthplace). When I arrived, I was greeted by the unexpected--my parents. I had more questions than answers ( I still have more questions three days later). There in my mother's arms was a little person. She would not put the baby down, and she proceeded to feed the baby similarly to how she used to feed me....I am not exactly sure how to respond, but it looks like this little thing is sticking around. It appears that the little baby that I met at the hospital has indeed returned home and sleeps in my parents room. If I would have know that I was testing her bed a few weeks ago, I would have been more careful and thorough. I simply thought this was my second crib. Anyway, these are pictures pre-baby. I will add more photos of Baby MAdeline in forthcoming posts.

Enjoy.

Here are more general photos of the last month or so. I have been busy growing and getting ready to be a big brother.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving, Healing, and Times of Transition

Returning to the ECC

Returning to the Mitten - Small Family Update