My dad wants a turn to write...





Please pardon the interruption from my point of view - Dad is traveling and would like a chance to self-reflect. I have given him permission. ~Micah

I was reviewing the blog posts from last summer (06) when I was in Germany. I read through the post just prior to leaving for Deutschland, and I reflected significantly on missing Lindsay, Grover and the church. It was surreal to read the post that had no mention of Micah, specifically, or an upcoming baby, generally.

However, within three weeks of returning we were pregnant (by "we"-you know what I mean). In less than a year of my departure, Lindsay and Grover expanded, and never will my life be the same. I am captured by time. The year that went by between Europe and Micah is 150% of his current life. Yet that same amount of time is 3% of my life. It went by so quickly, yet the four years that we had to wait for conceiving Micah seemed like forever.

Now I am on the road in Elkhart, IN. The five days that I have been gone from home seem like six summers in Europe. Being home (with Lindsay and Micah and Grover) has an entirely new meaning. Whereas before, I could leave and everything was fine (because Lindsay can be independent) is completely reversed. A friend of mine asked today, "how can you be away from Micah?" It is quite difficult, and even being away from Lindsay is more difficult. I look forward to being home with M, L and G.

Since this is so personal, I might as well end with a picture....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving, Healing, and Times of Transition

Returning to the ECC

Returning to the Mitten - Small Family Update