Micah's first Chicago Trip

Well, I did it - I made my first trip to the Windy City. I also learned that the name comes from politicians, not God's favor for wind. Anyway, despite the possible pneumatological possibilities for the city's nickname, I found the oversized city quite a treat.

We never made it downtown because mom and dad said that I was "out of sorts." By the time we returned home on Monday, all three of us were...or so they said.

Anyway, we went to Chicago for mom's 10th reunion at North Park College and because Daddy wanted to go to some exciting lecture series, called SYM-PO-SEA-UM. A big word that means a lot of talk about very little. It sounds a lot like "ad naseum." He seemed to really enjoy this; mommy said that very few reading this would be surprised at his enjoyment.

We drove to Chicago on Thursday and I slept for 250 miles thats 403.2 km. We made it from Minneapolis to Chicago in 6.5 hours, but it took us 9 hours to get home....I couldn't help it that I was hungry several times (and so were my parents!!!).

On Thursday we relaxed and I met Drs. David and Linda Parkyn who were very kind and always willing to hold me. I thanked Dr. David on Saturday by leaving him some of my breakfast on his coat.






Friday morning dad woke up and went to meet Dr. Van Gelder at the airport, and mommy and I went to some famous place called, Tre Kronor. Dad says that the name of the place is a constant reminder of the Swedish oppression of the Norwegians. He says that the symbol forces Norwegians to drink on the 17th of May every year to remember their liberation from the Swedes. Sometimes he talks a lot about things I don't understand.

On Friday afternoon I went and saw two cute girls - Maja (pronounced Maya not MaJa) and Linnea. Linnea slept all day, but Maja was sure interested in me and my hair. She's not too bad lookin' herself! Friday night was the big hit! It was me, Brady, and a whole lot of ladies. All of mommy's college friends gathered and enjoyed the evening. Anna held me for a long time; she made me smile and giggle. People kept telling me that I am a "flirt." I am not sure what that is - maybe daddy will give me a half hour talk on what the word means.... I got home pretty late, and I slept through the night.

Saturday was another full day. We went to breakfast, where I shared mine with Dr. David Parkyn, then I watched Daddy race 2 miles. (He was really excited because he ran two miles in 15 minutes - mommy said not bad for an old guy). Then we went to the block party and talked to all kinds of people.



Saturday night daddy and I were home alone while mommy went to a party. I was sad that she was gone. When dad and his friend Paul Corner were together, I missed mommy , so I cried all night long. Paul's wife, Marcia, is pregnant, so I figured the crying was just good practice for him - I am always willing to teach unsuspecting parents.

I finally went to bed after Dr. Linda told dad to try some more bottle. She was right - I needed a night cap after my scrumptous dinner bottle.


Sunday we went to church, had lunch at Corner Bakery, and I even let mom and dad take a nap for 45 minutes! They were really happy with me!

Sunday night I met Hannah and Jared Baker. Hannah made me laugh and Jared seemed overly worried about my staring at Hannah (her name is a palindrome - it is hannah backwards and forwards - neat). Anyway, we had Middle Eastern food and Ice Cream for dinner.

We were set to leave Monday morning, but mom and dad wanted to go to church (church seems like a daily thing for them). I got to sit with dad's friend, Dr. Brent Laytham. I liked him so I offered him the same gift I gave to Dr. Parkyn. Brent didn't mind, he just kept bouncing me, so I would be quiet. I enjoyed the church at NP Seminary - they sang hebrew songs like mom and dad sing to me...

We finally left for home at noon, and we arrived safe in Chanhassen at 9:00 pm. I think we are staying home for a couple of weeks...I'm tired!

Well, from the windy City - this is the windiest post I've ever had. Enjoy the pictures!

Comments

  1. Micah, I am so thrilled to see that you are learning things like palindromes! Keep it up big guy! Liked the windy post.

    Love, your sort of aunt sort of cousin, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got to the blog. What an incredible little guy! Love the hair! I also love his clever little expressions--I think you two are in for quite a time with him.
    blessings to all three of you,
    Dawn & Andrew B

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Moving, Healing, and Times of Transition

Returning to the ECC

Returning to the Mitten - Small Family Update