OMaha...Somewhere in middle america

Micah earned his wings this week on a flight to Omaha, Ne. The hometown of daddy, his grandparents and the College World Series (in honor of grandpa armfield-Go Ducks!)

Last night was Grandma Small's 50th birthday, and so we had friends over for cake and playtime (there were 6 children under 6 here - I think that Micah could be an only child...) The Carlson's, Williamson's, and Bulgrins came over to celebrate.

Seriously, we all had a wonderful time. Micah was able to meet his upcoming partner in sublime, Chase Porter Williamson. His dad, Jeff and Kyle grew up together at Covenant Cedars Bible Camp. I think that we will send a picture of Chase and Micah to CCBC to announce the arrival of the next generation.

Micah is loving Omaha, especially his cousins and grandparents. He sleeps well (but woww, is he noisy!), and his parents sleep okay, but we are loving the help from grandma, grandpa, Kari and Eric. Connor and Carter are relatively helpful - definitely entertaining.





Comments

  1. Anonymous10:24 PM

    Hey Congrats to the both of you on little Micah! He is very cute and his hair reminds me of Kaia's full head of jet black hair when she was born. My mom forwarded this site to me and it is great to see all the pics, especially all the Omaha kids! I am glad to hear you are adjusting to parenting ok...it is a big adjustment but very worth it. I missed seeing you at the annual meeting this year, but I am getting updates from my mom and bro. I hope things continue to go well and sleep increases!
    Take care,
    Ingrid
    p.s. Please greet Kris Caustin for me. I know her from camp (Covenant Pines) and had all her girls in my cabin one year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:26 AM

    Hello Lindsay and Kyle, Many congratulations on the birth of your Micah! What a beautifull boy he is! It is so nice to see so many pictures of you and him, and I love your stories, Kyle. I'm glad to hear that you're doing oke. You look great on the pictures, eventhough you get so little sleep!

    Here in Utrecht, Holland, we're doing oke as well. Next monday, Emiel and I are going on a camping-trip to Luxembourg and welook forward to it!

    Iris returned to Holland last week, with mixed feelings of missing all the people and adventure in America and at the same time happy to be home again. It was good to seen her again after a long time, eventhough Emiel and I went to NYC to meet her last May.

    Susan and Hendrik Jan are getting married next September (!), and this weekend we will have a brainstorm-session to think of ways to surprise them.. (including the bachelor-party's....gna gna)

    Since a few months, I'm singing in the church-band, which I like very much. Last month there was a sunday with the theme: "He always makes you better", about Gods healing power. (and when you're not healedin this life, you will be in heaven!). This was a pretty new/progressive theme for our church (which is a traditional reformed church)and we even made the newspapers!)

    At the moment, there are many tourist in Holland, especially for an event in the east of the country (Nijmegen). There is a 4-day-walk (sort of marathon) which happens every year. My feet are happy to be in Utrecht...haha

    Well, that's it for now. I hope to talk to you soon, and maybe see you again in the States!

    Much love, Marrit Jongeling,
    Utrecht- Holland
    marritj@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Moving, Healing, and Times of Transition

Returning to the ECC

Returning to the Mitten - Small Family Update