These are a few of my favorite things...

Today I was rustling around the nursery, and I found an abundance of items that never before had I imagined purchasing. I am learning new grammars, ointments and creams, and procedures that I never knew existed. My personal favorite is the "Butt Paste," which very respectable and proper people recommend as the best. I would have completely understood if my friend and new dad, Jeff Williamson, recommended it (for he introduced me to Beano in the early 90's). But Butt Paste it is, along with Desitin, Laxotrim, and other odd words, including Acidolphilus (this cannot be the correct spelling).



But seriously, I do have some favorite things:
1. When he sleeps - not simply because so can we, but to look over him as a peaceful and innocent little boy, awaiting a world of wonder and excitement.



2. Praying that he would know God and he would know the power of the Holy Spirit pouring out over him. Praying that Micah will have an insatiable imagination, curiosity and wonderment that will seek to change the world. That he will never stop learning about the world, the Creator, others and himself.
3. Chaning a diaper (seriously)! - The time that I get to look into his open eyes is precious, and the observation of unique shades of green, yellow and brown is child's play compared to what I expected (last night Lindsay was in the middle of chaning his diaper before he had finished his "business", and needless to say, we had a splattering mess around the nunrsery - but who cares, he cute!)




4. Sitting in the nursery during feeding time. There is nothing more precious than sitting with Lindsay, Micah and the Grover-dog during one of Micah's twenty daily feedings. We talk about the day, church and faith, family, and the life of Micah.

5. Creating new nicknames for Micah- Micah-boy, Monkey, Micah-man



6. Loving my wife more everyday. I am so proud of her, and all of the comforts that she has given away in order to be Micah's mommy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Returning to the Mitten - Small Family Update

Moving, Healing, and Times of Transition

Returning to the ECC