A perfect Father's Day

Well today was exceptional. I was able to be with my dad, my father-in-law and my son, Micah, as well as our three beautiful wives. I have grown to appreciate my dad more and more over the years. I do pray that Micah might learn to appreciate me earlier than I learned to fully appreciate my father.

I am thankful for a father who taught me to work hard, even when it seems easier to put it all off. I have a father who prioritized well - he values people and family above money, security and prestige. He is a father who constantly taught me to tell the truth and value the truth and integrity of others. In the face of injustice, speak up. My father continues to grow in faith, and I value these conversations more than anything. I thank God for my dad, and I look forward to growing together as I enter fatherhood and as he extends his love to a third grandchild. Thanks be to God that our relationships transofrm as we mature - Thank you dad for never giving up on me.

It was truly an amazing day. Lindsay has been feeding well, I had a three hour nap, and Micah wore a shirt that said, "my dad rocks." I was given gifts just for being a dad - barbecue sauce, a webcam, two wine glasses, a caribou card, and a correctly-weighted coffee cup. Micah even received a gift for being my son - a CD with the song "Bushel and a Peck." See http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/bushelpeck.htm

We are grateful for all of the kind emails and phone calls. We have been continually reminded of our wonderful family and friends that have surrounded us throughout our lives. Thank you for everything. Please pray that Lindsay can sleep well - she always has difficulty sleeping during times in transition. As she feeds multiple times a day (feeding is a full-time job), she is tired, and we want her to find rest for her mind, body, and soul.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:21 AM

    Darling family! Micah is a doll--so photogenic! :) Thinking of you at this exciting (and exhausting) time. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Congratulations, and welcome, Micah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:00 PM

    To: Lindsay, Kyle and Micah: Welcome to Micah into our big family. I am so excited for Lindsay and Kyle. You will be wonderful parents. With much Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Returning to the Mitten - Small Family Update

Moving, Healing, and Times of Transition

Returning to the ECC