Last weekend in Bremen






Well this was my last weekend in Germany, and I am ready to come home. But before I return, I thought I would enjoy the city of Bremen for a couple of days. It was a good decision. I had originally planned to travel to Greifswald to meet with a professor in Greifswald, but it was far, I was tired, and I had a test this morning (Monday).

Anyway, I think I made the most out of the weekend. On Friday, Bremen began an incredible streetfest call "La Strada." It is a street art festival. Performing artists from all over the world travel to different cities and perform "lustige" acts. They are silly, intelligent, and complex. From magic to comedy to Jim Carey type body humor, to akrobatiks - everything was included.

On Satruday I went to the Weder Bremen fussball game (soccer for us Americans). Though this may not mean much to you, Klose, the German star in the world cup, plays for Bremen. We got cheap tickets ont he street and enjoyed a great game of soccer. I think I like soccer better than American football. Anyway, I have the winning goal on my video camera. I was filming the crowd and decide to film the action - I accidentally caught the goal on film!

On SUnday I went to church in downtown Bremen, St. Martinikirche. I was told by others that St. Martinikirche was a lively place with many people. The latter is correct, but the lively part is false. The pastor was quite langweilig (boring), and the most of the people slept through the service. (ANd I wasn't preaching! - that's for Jim Adsem). I think church in the US has a much greater sense of community and joy. On my way home, I noticed that the joy and life of Germany was not in the church but at the coffee shop.

I finished the day by working completing my Hausaufgabe (homework) and working on my American studies. Enjoy the photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving, Healing, and Times of Transition

Returning to the ECC

Returning to the Mitten - Small Family Update